Monday, October 13, 2008

Snow, Snow, go away some other day!


We got almost a foot of snow here in Ogden! Yesterday, it just wouldn't stop snowing! I'm not ready for snow, I don't know if I'll ever be ready for snow! Abby's not qutie sure about the snow. It took some convincing to get her even this close!


But she finally "warmed" up to it and then I couldn't get her to come in!

Of course the snow won't last, it's supposed to warm back up to 75 degrees this afternoon! How crazy it is.

We are down to our last two puppies. Anyone want one??? Brownie and Max had a litter of 13 puppies in August. But because Brownie was too young to have pups and she didn't know how to take care of that many, 7 of them died. I think we have a puppy grave yard in our back yard! Fortuantely we have sold 4 of them and are desparately trying to sell the last two. I have just about wrapped up all of my canning for the season! Yes, believe it or not, I have learned how to can! With alot of help from my mom! I think I call and talk to her everyday about how to do one thing or another! I was able to get 30 quarts of peaches canned, only 10 quarts of pears (I don't like canning pears,) 10 quarts and 24 pints of salsa and 16 quarts of grape juice and I'm doing grape jelly today! Call me crazy but my shelves are looking so pretty!

Life never slows down around here that is for sure! Hope all is doing well and staying warm!

3 comments:

JB said...

Congrats on the canning! I love to make raspberry jam with my Momma. Salsa sounds good to do too!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Adorable Puppies!!!

Brooke said...

Thats a ton of canning! I wasn't that brave this year, we started out pretty small. I HATE SNOW!