Friday, July 18, 2008

The Kitty's! And Other random thoughts!

Several months ago we had a stray cat show up on our door step! Jamie, the animal lover that he is, decided to start feeding it! Jacob decided to name her, Gracie! Needless to say when these things happen, the cat STAYS!!! As for myself, I'm not a cat lover, the only thing I really like them for is to protect our home from the infestation of rodents (and let me tell you our backyard has some pretty big RATS!) I told Jamie if "Gracie" stayed outside that they could keep her. When we first got her she was so skinny, but as the weeks went by she got fatter and fatter until one day I took a look at her and realized that she was PREGNANT! Not only did I not want one cat, I didn't want 5! At the first of June Gracie had four kittens. Anyone want some cats? Right before we went to bed one night Jamie went to lock the back door and noticed that Gracie was in labor. Courtney was so excited, she sat down beside her and started "coaching" her. Now that was funny! Go, Gracie, PUSH! It's alright Gracie! Can a cat be coached through labor?

The kids and the neighbor kids all love the kittens especially Abby. She has tormented them since they could walk.
She absolutely loves them! She'll grab them by the neck and walk around with them, she'll play bouncy ball with them, although they don't bounce back up so she makes them bounce herself. The poor little things are terrified of her! It's hilarious to watch.

When Abby says "Meow" She actually says it "Oww" and I believe that's exactly what they say when Abby wants to play with them! She will be so sad when all the kitty's are gone, (we have three left if anyone wants them!) Gracie is a really good cat, she lets Abby walk around with her holding her tail.
As for Gracie she will stay (only if she is fixed), I found a mouse in the garage the other day and she camped out there until she caught it! Now that's why we have a cat. We used to have a large nut tree in our backyard (until we cut it down this last spring) and the rats loved it! We had rats the size of footballs (not kidding) roaming around our backyard! It was creepy!

My little Abby is growing up so fast! She loves to brush her teeth, she'll even try to spit into the sink! Countless times I have found her in the bathroom pleading, "Ush, Ush!" She loves to play with everyones tooth brush. One night I went to brush my teeth, and found that she had shoved a few of them down the sink!


And this toothbrush, not hers! It's her brothers!
She's a riot! She loves her brothers and sisters like crazy and misses them terribly while they are gone every other week! She'll walk around the house calling, "Sis! Sis!"
Courtney couldn't be happier to have a little sister looking for her constantly!
And her brothers couldn't be more thrilled to have a little sister!

She is my little peanut and we are so blessed to have her!
This is pretty random, but I guess that's why I'm on here! I can be as random as I like!
Love to everyone! Gina

2 comments:

J derbidge said...

OH SO SO CUTE!

Bobbi said...

How cute! You have such a sweet family. By the way check out my blog and see that you've been tagged! :) Have fun with it.