

Last Saturday was the annual Peach Days in Brigham City, Utah. It comes and goes every year and I have yet to make it up there to see what all the fuss is about. So this year Jamie had the bright idea to go up and let the kids ride a few rides and check our the car show (which Chase was all over!) They were all very excited! They had a carnival set up with all sorts of rides, and of course all the food vendors, and they had the parade down main street, which we didn't bother with! I think the kids were just there for the rides...Abby was so exicted, she wanted to do what the "guys" were doing. So she rode a few rides and had a ball! It's amazing to watch her face light up when she gets excited and to see the pure thrill that she gets when she is doing things with her brothers, except when they try to make her do things she doesn't want to do, but she does let them know that she doesnt' like it. There are many screeching screams and cry (from the boys, because she pinches and bits the.) We actually have three "little girls" Abby, Jessica, and Jennifer!!! (By the sound of their crys you would think that they were GIRLS!!)
Chase and Courtney went off on their own. Courtney would have gone on every ride if she could have, but not Chase, he's a scardy cat! If he could fit on all the kiddy rides those are the rides that he would have been on! You would think that after riding behind the boat at Lake Roosvelt this last summer, it would have cured him of all that, but no, he's just a whimp!! We'll keep trying though!
Jacob and Jason love it all!!! Jason not so much as Jacob, but they both will do anything together! Although, I was surprised that they both got into different space crafts on the "Alien" ride


They said that they were aliens after this ride, and I sometimes believe that they are!! The extraterrestrial ora at our house is something unreal sometimes!! How is it that little boys can change a room in a matter of seconds, it has to be from the powers beyond this world!
Needless to say, we had a good time at Peach Days! The cars were really cool to look at, (sorry I didn't get any pictures!) I was disappointed though, I wasn't able to get any peaches. We stopped by one of the stands on our way home and the price was outrageous! $18.00 for a half a bushell. Last year I got them for half that! The news was saying that their crop wasn't a good one this year due to a cold spring. Go figure! Just happens to be the same time that I cut both of my peach trees down! I know I could have probably picked at least that much from one of my trees. Oh well, I guess I'll have to plant another tree!
4 comments:
Hey Gina! So, I was being dumb and I accidently deleted my blog. I guess I'm starting over :( Here's the link to my new one.
http://bassettsoup.blogspot.com/
gina,
Your family is beautiful! Good to see you and get caught up! Enjoy the fun of the kids.. I am! DeLona
I've never been there- it looks like fun!
Gina, what a precious family you are raising. It sounds like there is never a dull moment around there. I love everything about your blog.... except there's not a picture of YOU! I don't think I've seen you in forever. I'll be watching.... Until then, love to all. ~Erin
Post a Comment